- NMNH Home ›
- Research & Collections ›
- Vertebrate Zoology ›
- Amphibians and Reptiles ›
- Historical Herpetological Publications ›
SMITHSONIAN CONTRIBUTIONS TO ZOOLOGY
No. 1 - (1969 - Present)
10. Myers, Charles W. & A. Stanley Rand. Checklist of amphibians and reptiles of Barro Colorado Island, Panama, with comments on faunal change and sampling. 11 pp. 13 August 1969.
59. Lachner, Ernest A., C. Richard Robins & Walter R. Courtenay.Exotic fishes and other aquatic organisms introduced into North America. 29 pp. 30 September 1970.
69. Peters, James A. Biostatistical programs in BASIC language for time-shared computers: Coordinated with the book "Quantitative Zoology". 46 pp. 1971. [Reprinted 1972)
83. Zug, George R. The distribution and patterns of the major arteries of the iguanids and comments on the intergeneric relationships of iguanids (Reptilia: Lacertilia). 23 pp. 7 April 1971.
101. Eisenberg, John F. & Melvin Lockhart. An ecological reconnaissance of Wilpattu National Park, Ceylon. 118 pp. 3 May 1972.
107. Peters, James A. A new approach in the analysis of biogeographic data. 28 pp. 21 October 1971.
145. Peters, James A. The frog genus Atelopus in Ecuador (Anura: Bufonidae). 49 pp. 19 or 20 July 1973.
176. Graham, Jeffrey B. (Ed.) The biological investigation of Malpelo Island, Colombia. 98 pp. 18 July 1975.
199. Heyer, W. Ronald. A preliminary analysis of the intergeneric relationships of the frog family Leptodactylidae. 55 pp. 2 July 1975.
233. Heyer, W. Ronald & David S. Liem. Analysis of the intergeneric relationships of the Australian frog family Myobatrachidae. 29 pp. 9 September 1976.
242. Heyer, W. Ronald. Studies in larval amphibian habitat partitioning. 27 pp. 29 October 1976.
276. Zug, George R. Anuran locomotion-- Structure and function, 2: Jumping performance of semiaquatic, terrestrial, and arboreal frogs. 31 pp. 15 September 1978.
284. Zug, George R. & Patricia B. Zug. The marine toad, Bufo marinus: A natural history resume of native populations. iv + 58 pp. 16 March 1979.
300. Zug, George R., S. Blair Hedges & Sara Sunkel. Variation in reproductive parameters of three Neotropical snakes, Coniophanes fissidens, Dipsas catesbyi, and Imantodes cenchoa. iii + 20 pp. 14 September 1979.
301. Heyer, W. Ronald. Systematics of the pentadactylus species group of the frog genus Leptodactylus (Amphibia: Leptodactylidae). iii + 43 pp. 10 October 1979.
324. Lynch, James F. Patterns of ontogenetic and geographic variation in the black salamander, Aneides flavipunctatus (Caudata: Plethodontidae). iii + 53 pp. 4 June 1981.
402. Heyer, W. Ronald. Variation, systematics, and zoogeography of Eleutherodactylus guentheri and closely related species (Amphibia: Anura: Leptodactylidae). iii + 42 pp. 8 November 1984.
413. Steadman, David W. Holocene vertebrate fossils from Isla Floreana, Galapagos. iii + 103 pp. 17 April 1986.
427. Zug, George R., Addison H. Wynn & Carol Ruckdeschel. Age determination of loggerhead sea turtles, Caretta caretta, by incremental growth marks in the skeleton. iii + 34 pp. 25 July 1986.
457. Wassersug, Richard J. & W. Ronald Heyer. A survey of internal oral features of leptodactyloid larvae (Amphibia: Anura). iv + 99 pp. 23 June 1988.
463. Pregill, Gregory K., David W. Steadman, Storrs L. Olson & Frederick V. Grady. Late Holocene fossil vertebrates from Burma Quarry, Antigua, Lesser Antilles. iv + 27 pp. 26 July 1988.
508. Olson, Storrs L., Gregory K. Pregill & William B. Hilgartner. Studies on fossil and extant vertebrates from San Salvador (Watling's) Island, Bahamas. iii + 15 pp. 11 December 1990.
534. Rodda, Gordon H. The mating behavior of Iguana iguana. iii + 40 pp. 11 September 1992.
546. Heyer, W. Ronald. Variation within the Leptodactylus podicipinus-wagneri complex of frogs (Amphibia: Leptodactylidae). iv + 124 pp. 10 January 1994.
626. Reynolds, Robert P., Steve W. Gotte, and Carl H. Ernst. Catalog of Type Specimens of Recent Crocodilia and Testudines in the National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution. iv+49 pp. 30 October 2007.
[ TOP ]