- NMNH Home ›
- Research & Collections ›
- Vertebrate Zoology ›
- Amphibians and Reptiles ›
- Historical Herpetological Publications ›
UNITED STATES NATIONAL MUSEUM BULLETIN
No. 1 - No. 298 (1875 - 1971)
1. Cope, E.D. Check-list of North American Batrachia and Reptilia; with a systematic list of the higher groups, and an essay on geographical distribution. Based on the specimens contained in the U.S. National Museum. pp.1-104 1875.
6. Goode, G. Brown. Classification of the collection to illustrate the animal resources of the United States. A list of the substances derived from the animal kingdom, with synopsis of the useful and injurious animals and a classification of the methods of capture and utilization. xiii + 126 pp. 1876.
7. Streets, Thomas H. Contributions to the natural history of the Hawaiian and Fanning Islands and Lower California, made in connection with the United States North Pacific Surveying Expedition. 1873-75. Pp. 1-172. 1877.
14. Goode, G. Brown. Catalogue of the collection to illustrate the animal resources and the fisheries of the United States, exhibited at Philadelphia in 1876 by the Smithsonian Institution and the United States Fish Commission... xvi + 351 pp. 1879.
17. Cope, E.D. On the zoological position of Texas. Pp. 1-51. 1880.
19. Scudder, Samuel H. Nomenclator Zoologicus. An alphabetical list of all generic names that have been employed by naturalists for recent and fossil animals from the earliest times to the close of the year 1879. I. Supplemental List II. Universal Index. xxi + 376 & 340 pp. 1882.
20. Goode, George Brown. Bibliographies of American Naturalists. I. The published writing of Spencer Fullerton Baird, 1843-1882. xvi + 377 pp. 1883.
24. Yarrow, H.C. Check list of North American Reptilia and Batrachia, with catalogue of specimens in the U.S. National Museum. v + 249 pp. 1882 (1883 on front cover).
25. Jones, J. Matthew & G. Brown Goode, eds. Contributions to the natural history of the Bermudas. Pt. 6 Reptiles by Samuel Garman. xxiii + 353 pp. (285-303). 1884.
32. Cope, E.D. Catalogue of batrachians and reptiles of Central America and Mexico. ii + 98 pp. 1887.
34. Cope, E.D. The Batrachia of North America. Pp. 1-525. 1889.
39. Stejneger, Leonhard. Directions for collecting and preserving specimens. Pt. E. Directions for collecting reptiles and batrachians. [with supplementary note giving directions for preserving small herpetological specimens in formalin]. Pp. 1-13. 1891.
41. Goode, George Brown. Bibliographies of American naturalists. V. The published writings of Dr. Charles Girard. vi + 141 pp. 1891.
53. Merrill, George P. Catalogue of the type and figured specimens of fossils, minerals, rocks and ore in the Department of Geology, United States National Museum. Part II. Fossil vertebrates, fossil plants; minerals, rocks and ores. 370 pp. (pp. 63-81). 1907.
58. Stejneger, Leonhard. Herpetology of Japan and adjacent territory. xx + 577 pp. 22 July 1907.
61. Ruthven, Alexander G. Variations and genetic relationships of the garter-snakes. xii + 201 pp. 24 June 1908.
89. Gilmore, Charles Whitney. Osteology of the armored Dinosauria in the United States National Museum with special reference to the genus Stegosaurus. xi + 143 pp. 31 December 1914.
110. Gilmore, Charles Whitney. Osteology of the carnivorous Dinosauria in the United States National Museum, with special reference to the genera Antrodemus (Allosaurus) and Ceratosaurus. xi + 159 pp. 9 September 1920.
114. Blanchard, Frank N. A revision of the king snakes: Genus Lampropeltis. vi + 260 pp. 15 September 1921.
120. Metcalf, Maynard M. The opalinid ciliate infusorians. vii + 484 pp. 9 June 1923.
151. Loveridge, Arthur. East African reptiles and amphibians in the United States National Museum. v + 135 pp. 31 December 1929.
154. Burt, Charles E. A study of the teiid lizards of the genus Cnemidophorus with special reference to their phylogenetic relationships. viii + 286 pp. 24 April 1931.
160. Kellogg, Remington. Mexican tailless amphibians in the United States National Museum. iv + 224 pp. 19 May 1932.
171. Gidley, James W. & C. Lewis Gazin. The Pleistocene vertebrate fauna from Cumberland Cave, Maryland. vi + 99 pp. 5 May 1938.
175. Stull, Olive Griffith. Variations and relationships in the snakes of the genus Pituophis. vi + 225 pp. 26 June 1940.
177. Cochran, Doris M. The herpetology of Hispaniola. vii + 398 pp. 8 July 1941.
187. Smith, Hobart M. & Edward H. Taylor. An annotated checklist and key to the snakes of Mexico. iv + 239 pp. 5 October 1945.
194. Smith, Hobart M. & Edward H. Taylor. An annotated checklist and key to the amphibia of Mexico. iv + 118 pp. 17 or 18 June 1948.
199. Smith, Hobart M. & Edward H. Taylor An annotated checklist and key to the reptiles of Mexico exclusive of the snakes. v + 253 pp. 16 or 20 October 1950.
206. Cochran, Doris M. Frogs of Southeastern Brazil. xvi + 423 pp. 22 June 1955.
220. Cochran, Doris M. Type specimens of reptiles and amphibians in the U.S. National Museum. xv + 291 pp. 24 April 1961.
288. Cochran, Doris M. & Coleman J. Goin. Frogs of Colombia. xii + 655 pp. 6 July 1970.
297. Peters, James A. & Braulio Orejas-Miranda. Catalogue of the Neotropical Squamata. Part I. Snakes. viii + 347 pp. Peters, James A. & Roberto Donoso-Barros. Catalogue of the Neotropical Squamata. Part II. Lizards and amphisbaenians. viii + 293 pp. 24 February 1970. [Reprinted with updates as a single volume by Smithsonian Inst. Press in 1986]
[ TOP ]