Spencer Baird and Ichthyology at the Smithsonian
Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC.
- Baird's Dream: History of the Arts and Industries Building
- Spencer F. Baird's Vision for a National Museum
- Fishery Exhibit, Tour of the Smithsonian's Museum in 1886
- The Megatherium Club, a group of young naturalists
Northeast Fisheries Science Center, Woods Hole, MA
- Spencer Baird (Provides links to other sites.)
- U.S. Commission of Fish and Fisheries (See the Timeline.)
- Fisheries Vessels
Dickinson College, Dickinson, PA.
- Spencer Fullerton Baird (Baird's notebooks at Dickinson College)
Library of Congress, Washington, DC.Travel and Westward Expansion section of the Nineteenth Century in Print (American Memory):
- Girard, Charles F. Fishes. In: U.S. War Department, Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean, v. 10, part 4 (Washington, 1858). (Digitized by the University of Michigan)
- Girard, Charles F. Ichthyology of the Boundary. In: William H. Emory, Report on the United States and Mexican Boundary Survey, v.2, part 2 (Washington, 1859). (Digitized by the University of Michigan)
NOAA Central Library. Silver Spring, MD.
- Goode, G. Brown (ed.). Fisheries and Fishery Industries of the United States (1884-1887)
[ TOP ]